Tuesday, August 28, 2007

new city new job... at the FOG

Ok, been very silent over here at the inverse cube. This is because we moved to Los Angeles last month. I had to scramble to get my portfolio together and interview in LA, and got an awesome job out of the deal. I'm now working at Gehry Partners (as in Frank O. Gehry) on the Grand Avenue urban development in downtown LA. It's not the coolest Gehry project, but a great one in its own way. A 'background building' as they say at work. Now, don't start associating me with Gehry and Gehry design, I have my critical thoughts about what we are doing, but find that generally irrelevant. It's a great place to learn the future of architectural practice as it is being developed. Continuing to learn architecture practice on a project this complex can only help. Plus it's right in town, so I can watch this one go up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home